A healthy, natural, painless and effective method which gives basis to life, health and beauty.
Lymphatic Massage uses very light pressure, as well as gentle rhythmic strokes and soft pumping movements in the direction of the body's lymph nodes. The lymph system can get overtaxed because of ill health, surgery, stress, poor diet and over training. It can get sluggish and become inefficient.
The technique of MLD encourages the lymphatic system to eliminate metabolic waste products, help rid the body of excess fluid and bacteria and reduce toxins while refreshing your immune system to keep your body in a healthy state.
Benefits of MLD
- Promotes healing - such as acute unjuries such as sprains, strains and fractures, including scar tissue and torn ligaminets
- Helps heal the skin - aids in reducing, burns scars, stretch marks, acne and other skin conditions
- Clears congestions - reduces swollen ankles, puffy eyes, swollen legs, post operative swelling, lymphedema
- Improves health and well being - reduces pain, increases immunity, improves sinusitis and arthritis, aids recovery
- Deep relaxation.
What is the Lymphatic System? And how does it work?The lymphatic system is responsible for collecting and removing waste products and functions as our primary immune defence, by managing the elimination of toxins from our body.
The lymphatic system consists of a maze of tiny vessels, which form a huge network of watery pathways flowing throughout the body. The lymphatic vessels transport the excess tissue fluid, carrying product (lymph), including toxins, bacteria and hormones to the lymph nodes which are situated along the vessels pathways.
Lymph nodes are found throughout the body, in the neck, axillary, groin and abdomen. The lymphoid tissue contains cells that can help fight infection and diseases. As the lymph flows through these nodes they collect and filter out bacteria, viruses, infectious organisms, damaged cells or cancer cells.
The filtered and cleansed fluid is returned to the blood system and the excess fluid and substances are then transported to other parts of the body including the liver or kidney to be disposed of.
At times blockages can occur from normal life stressors such as stress, surgery, injuries, illness, lack of exercise, or the lymph nodes trap bacteria or viruses that they can not destroy. This is when we become aware of our lymphatic system when the lymph nodes can become swollen or painful.
An impaired lymphatic system can result in colds, sinus problem, excess fluid retention, and poor circulation.
Take the lymph test
- Do you suffer from headaches or migraines?
- Do you feel tired, run down, unmotivated or stressed?
- Do you suffer from fluid retention, oedema or lymphedema?
- Do you get recurrent colds and sinus infections?
- Do you suffer from IBS?
- Do you have poor circulation?
- Have you currently had surgery?
- Are you currently injured?
Want to know more? - contact me
17 Bicknor Street
ph 03 344 1100
or 021 971 973
ph 03 344 1100
or 021 971 973